How to tell if the Timberland boots is fake
The History Of Timberland
- The most popular Timberland designs are the classic boat shoe, the original 6-inch boot, and the walking boot.
- In 1952, Nathan Swartz bought half an interest in The Abington Shoe Company – what would become Timberland.
- By 1969, due to their success they moved into bigger premises in Newmarket, New Hampshire.
- By 1984, Timberland had expanded to international markets – first in Italy, and later spreading across Europe.
- In 2011, Timberland signed a merger agreement with VF Corporation, worth approximately $2 billion.
In the nineties, the humble yellow boot took off as a style icon when US hip-hop artists started wearing them, giving them mass street cred, unlaced and perfectly matched to their style and larger-than-life attitudes. This trend and fashion appeal is just as relevant today with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Pharrell and Rihanna being spotted wearing a pair of yellow boots.
But it’s not just hip-hop where its appeal lies. Everyone from builders to bartenders, from musicians to photographers wear this must-have. No one trend or culture can claim ownership of the Original Yellow Boot™ style because it goes so well with any lifestyle.
Whether it was NBA superstar Allen Iverson redefining sporting fame draped in fur minks and Timberland boots or supermodel Cara Delevingne pairing them perfectly with sleek dresses or sweat pants, there’s no sidewalk or catwalk they haven’t walked.
1. Presentation of original Timberland boots.
2. In the pictures below, you can see the black box in which the original Timberland boots come. This has the Timberland logo on the top and on its sides.
3. Also on one of the sides, the white label with the details about the product: bar code, unique code A17Yc and the size, is attached.
4. The box is brown on the inside. It has a locking system different from other boxes.
5. The boots come protected by a white foil. The Timberland logo is on the foil.
Differences fake Timberland boots
6. The boots are light in colour. The light brown is predominant. The upper part, the one that protects the ankle is dark brown.
7. The original Timberland logo is imprinted on the heel.
8. If we look at the pair from the front, we can see the thick sole, made for snow. It is made of a higher quality rubberized material and its colour is cream.
9. The original Timberland boots are simple on the back. You can see the stitches in 2-4 layers which are parallel.
10. The boots have metal tags in the shape of a hexagon. A removable leather label sewed on the sides is attached to the tags.
The label contains the Timberland logo and guarantees that the boots are waterproof.
11. Observe that on the upper part, the tags are made of another material and have a different colour. The laces are brown and are thin.
12. For the toe cap to be straight, a paperboard, which moulds on the inside, is put inside the boot. It is removed before wearing the boots.
13. On the inside, you can see the two labels of different colours and shapes. The small one on the left offers us information about the weight of the boots, in this case, 400 grams, and the one on the right contain the Timberland logo.
The authenticity of the leather, the country of manufacture and the unique security code, is imprinted in black on the inside.
14. Below we have a picture with the inside of the boot, on the side we can see the black print. The insole is removed so that we can observe the work done underneath it.
15. The insole has over it a piece of leather sewed from two pieces. Observe that the front part has another texture and ha the colour of the boots. The Timberland logo is imprinted on the back, on the heel.
16. Observe that the insole is pretty thick. The producer has counted on a foam material which would attenuate the weight and would not cause discomfort when worn for a long period of time. On the back there is a hexagon pattern and on the side the name of the Timberland brand and another security code.
17. The sole is classical and on the middle the Timberland logo and brand are imprinted.
18. SHOP FROM OFFICIAL STORES ONLY.